- Category: Gainesville Women's Liberation (GWL)
- Are you tired of victim blaming and shaming when women report rape?
- Do you believe the University of Florida should be doing more to combat rape on campus?
- Are you ready to take action against rape and violence against women on campus and in our community?
Join the Gainesville Chapter of NWL for an action planning meeting:
When: Thurs., Oct. 16, 2014 at 5:30
Where: The Institute of Black Culture, 1510 W. University Ave.
Directions: On W. Univ. Ave. directly across from the UF Campus, at the intersection of W. Univ. Ave. and NW 15th Street.
Parking: Small lots open to the community in the evening are directly behind the IBC and next door at the Institute for Hispanic-Latino Cultures. There is also some on street parking.
Save the date for our next fall meeting: Wed. Nov. 19 at 5:30pm at the IBC.
- Category: Position Papers
- Category: Actions
Tell the Food and Drug Administration: Side with Women and Girls, Not Drug Companies. Put All Forms of the Morning-After Pill Over the Counter.
In June 2013, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) finally put Plan B One-Step® over the counter without any restrictions. The FDA did this in response to the Tummino v. Hamburg federal court decision in April 2013 which was pushed forward by a decade of grassroots feminist pressure.
The FDA’s action could have brought the U.S. in line with the scientific evidence and over 60 countries around the world that have no age restrictions on the Morning-After Pill.